GHS Principal (Mr. Thad Jackson) and ELA Teacher (Mrs. Patissia Childs) unveiled the 1st Student Authors Academic Wall. Students’ competed in a National Poetry Contest and seven students’ poems were selected and published in a book entitled: Expressions 2021 Poetry Collection. These students exemplify exceptional academic talent and hard working characteristics; which is led by ELA Teacher (Mrs. Patissia Childs). These seven students set a record as the first student authors to participate and have their poems selected and published. During the celebration students had mats signed by faculty, staff, and students. Students also received certificates, gift bags, and tote bags. In attendance was Superintendent (Dr. Robert Griffin), Mayor (Charlene Glover), and Director of Curriculum & Instruction, (Joanne Britt). Mayor Glover read and issued proclamations to Mrs. Childs and all student authors.
(1) Kailyn Bynum – ” Between Her Eyes”
(2) Amanda Ogletree – “Sometimes I Feel Alone”
(3) Amantavious Ogletree – “I Am”
(4) Paris Price – “I Am a Student”
(5) Shazmin Reese, ” I Am a Girl Who Likes to Go Shopping
(6) De’asia Whatley – ” The Darkest Times”
(7) Kadaja Williams – “Underwater”